Sunday, June 21, 2009

Uncubicled- Kindle edition Review


I was very skeptical of the book when I first ran across it, why this book, I have so many others to read(about 298). There was just something about the book that said, "buy me, you won't be disappointed." I caved after a couple days and kept it in the Kindle for a couple weeks. Reading several other books the last being extremely lacking in action. All reviews point to this book being action packed, they were correct! I think we all have had that coworker we would have loved to smack in the face with a keyboard. That is how the action begins here. Any time I thought there would be a lag in the action, it revved up again. Though some call it disjointed, with all the characters, the jumps are necessary to gain a believable background for each character.

I was also thrilled with the length, many eBooks have been short and fell way short in the thrill. This was a book that took me over a week of reading when I had time to turn the Kindle on. That is a rarity for me, I usually bite through it in no time. This book also either leaves a satisfying close to it, or room to continue. The only reason for 4 out of 5 stars is a personal connection to a character that is killed off and I thought said person could have been used. I respect the reason for the demise, just wish it could have been later not on the plane. That is all I will say so as not to spoil the read for anyone else.

For a first book I think McMains did a bang up job. I look forward to more from him in the future. You can find more about the book on twitter.com @Uncubicled.

1 comments:

♥Lisa♥ @ FinalScore:Boys3Girls2 on June 21, 2009 at 8:53 PM said...

Very cool. I'll have to add that to my list.
Love the new blog

 

Krimsin's Reviews & Giveaways Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez