Wednesday, July 29, 2009

He calls KIDO�Z, "His World"


For this review I used my son as the main reviewer. He was luke warm to the idea of going from the sites he is used to ( Playhouse Disney, Webkinz, ect), I really thought this review was going to be a disaster. I was pleasently surprised when he dove right in. I was able to look over his shoulder and not be right on top of him hitting ads to websites and pop ups! He doesn't call it by it's given name, but calls it, "His World" where he can play with Hot Wheels and other car games online. The browser os so much more than race cars though, but he really likes all the different racing games they have on there. And since it is our review, that is what it is all about!

There is a plethora of games that are gender neutral, and are specifically placed on the children friendly site called KIDO�Z. This site takes the best and most kid friendly from around the internet letting the children browse games, videos and sites geared only to them. No pop ups, no fear of salacious adult or even age inappropriate content, this is one of the best kid friendly browsers I have some across.

Many of you know I am very picky of the content that my son can surf through. Even Playhouse Disney ticks me off because of the pop ups, and don't even get me started on Noggin! There aren't those issues here.

Here are some facts about the site:

  • KIDO'Z brings the internet in a safe and easy way to kids
  • Kids can safely and independently surf sites, play games, and watch Youtube videos
  • Parents can adjust security settings and can customize content
  • UI is available in 17 languages and content is available in over 160 languages

One complaint, I can't get him off the computer as easy as I used to be able too! And since there are many sites bunched up on here you will likely hear the "I want..." once or twice after they play it.

Oh and did I mention the site is free? So don't just take MY word for it, try it yourself!

4 comments:

calicobebop on July 29, 2009 at 5:26 PM said...

Looks cool to me!

I'm very jealous of my computer and pretty much only allow the five-year-old time when I'm not on it. Bwahh ha ha ha...

I'll have to bookmark this place. Right next to Webkinz. lol.

Krimmyk on July 29, 2009 at 7:25 PM said...

I have it loaded right on to the computer.. We have 3 in the house so Logan has the "clunker" computer to play on IF he earns computer time through good behavior, or is REALLY bugging me. ;-)

Mama Mel on July 30, 2009 at 2:30 AM said...

Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for stopping by my blog the other day and entering my first giveaway! Have a great day! :)

The Krazy Girl on August 12, 2009 at 1:30 PM said...

Reagan dog wants this too! BTW--Dont feel obligated to post any of Reagan Dogs ramblings. He was just teasing:)

 

Krimsin's Reviews & Giveaways Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez